Saturday 26 January 2013

Perpetual Calendar

I bought a Tando Perpetual calendar kit a while back (before xmas!) and have finally got around to putting it all together.

The kit costs between £12 and £15 (depending on where you buy it from!) and comes with the straws, bamboo skewers and instructions. You will need to purchase a piece of florists foam though, as it is not included in the kit.
I used a selection of 12 x 12 papers from the Hot Off The Press "Serendipity" collection to decorate the pot, flowers and tags. LOve these papaers as they are so cheery. Then I used a memeory box die to cut out the letters for the days of the week and the month - and yes it took ages lol

I added a little bot of fake grass to the inside of the pot - this too was cut using a Memory Box die, and added paper flowers onto the chipbaord ones.

The pot is approx 6 inches wide x 4.5 inches tall, and the whole thing stands approx 12 inches tall once the flowers have been added.

I plan to keep this on my desk in my craft room as I can never remember what the date is - think it is a sign I am getting old!



 

 

6 comments:

  1. WOW Debz this is stunning! I love it! A great idea and love the colours.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, and such a lot of thought and work gone into it, fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which dies did you use? I love this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is just amazing! love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great perpetual calendar - so novel!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's phenom Deborah ! You've got yourself another feature of the day on papermood.com :) X Fab

    ReplyDelete