Saturday 19 January 2013

Alphabet Challenge - letter V


The Craft Barn have set up a fortnightly prize challenge, based on an altered dictionary type theme. Those that know me, will know that I have never really got on well with journaling or altered projects, so this year I am trying to step out of my comfort zone and give it a try! The first letter that the Craft Barn have chosen is the letter V, so I have chosen the word Valentine - definition = a card or gift expression of love sent, often anonymously on Saint Valentines Day. Here is my first ever attempt at a couple of journal pages! Please be kind!!!!!! lol
I used Memory box dies to cut the letters and hearts, then added glossy accents and liquid pearls. I also used a dotty mask and some perfect pearl sprays but you can't really see it on the picture. Also used a touch of vintage photo distress ink around the edges. This is a fortnightly challenge so will last for a year ... whether or not I last the same amount of time is another question! lol There is a link to The Craft Barn on the right of my blog, feel free to click on it and it will take you to their web page where you can find links to their blog and this challenge. Happy crafting xx

6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Debz! For your first try it is outstanding, I haven't tried something like this before but after seeing your pages I must find time to give it a go. Good luck in the challenge too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous...love your pages.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. The glossy accents really make those hearts pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, gorgeous pages, I love the vintage colours you have used x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages !! Looking forward to the next one
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete