Sunday 13 January 2013

Beautiful Little Birdhouse


Treated myself to a Bird House Kit from Pink Tulip, my lovely local craft shop in Spernal Ash, nr Studley in Warwickshire. The kit was designed by the same local craftsmen (Candy Box Crafts) that designed the advent calendar I made in an earlier post and was of the same fabulous high quality and fitted together perfectly.
 
 
I decided to finally use a few sheets of my precious Graphic 45's "Little Darlings" 12 x12 collection, (am a huge Graphic 45 fan) and am really pleased with the result.
 
 
 
For the roof of the birdhouse, I cut lots of 1.75 inch circles using my EK Success circle punch and overlapped them to creat a slate roof effect. I also edged each tile with Stardust stickles (my favourite one as it is so versatile). I then edged the roof with some narrow faux stiched effect pale green ribbon.
 
 
I used a  Spellbinder die to decorate the little door way, a Memory Box die to cut some foliage, and a small floral punch to make extra petals for my flowers.I also cut out a few of the butterflies from scraps of left over paper.
 
 
 
 
I used some Shabby Shutters Distress ink around he edges of the bird box to give it a more shabby chic kind of look. Hope you like it as much as I do! Am really enjoying these altered projects and can't wait to see what new kits Pink Tulip get in store next!
 

13 comments:

  1. Omg! this is absolutely stunning, the papers are gorgeous and lots of great techniques - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! You've done an incredible job and I love, love, love the colours and papers you've used throughout.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, what a fab project - the papers are perfect for it. Love how you did the roof too.

    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is absolutely stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty papers! I love the birdhouse... but then I just love birdhouses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is fantastic and love the papers and the bird.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous and the butterfly paper is amazing.
    Fantastic

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW this is absolutely gorgeous chick....I just love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful, great design ideas and lovely pastel colour combinations! Wish I still lived down that way now to pop in on PT. Am going to follow your blog to watch out for any more gems :). TFS x

    ReplyDelete