Sunday 27 January 2013

Birthday Card for My Brother

Made an 8 x 8 birthday card for my brother this afternoon.

The backing paper is a sheet from the Papermania Bookprint collection. I chose the Italian paper as my brother's wife is Italian and he has lots of Italian connections. Originally the paper was black and white, but I distressed it with my trusty Vintage Photo distress ink - I don't know if you are like me but I use that one on everything! lol

I used a chipboard pocket watch from studio 490's art parts and gilded it with indigo blu gilding flakes. I then cut a watch face out from some Bo Bunny 12x12 paper and glued this behind the chipboard to make a watch.

I then added a couple of tickets (also distressed with Vintage photo), a brass embelishment and a sentiment.  Am quite pleased with it!

 

7 comments:

  1. LOL Debz I love my Vintage photo too. This is stunning, I love the tickets and the pocket watch.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW love the vintage look, the watch and embellishments look great together x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Debz.... I especially like the vintage look and those embellishments are gorgeous too hun.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous vintage creation, the two time pieces and tickets are fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be more than 'quite' pleased with this, it's brilliant, I'm sure your brother will love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous and i agree with Jane your brother will lovel it.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! this is fabulous, I love the vintage photo distress ink too, it's probably my most used one. Love the pocket watch and postcard, the gilding looks fab too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete