Tuesday 1 January 2013

Getting Ahead for Xmas 2013

I was tidying up my little craft room yesterday and came across a huge pile of xmas papers and  wooden embellishments that I had forgotten I had bought! So I have set myself a couple of goals: a) to use some of them up  and b) not to buy any new xmas stash in 2013 ... think I will be able to achieve goal a) but am not so sure on goal b) ...lol

Anyway have made a start with some very quick and easy cards - these are mini cards 3.5 x 3.5 and will be used for work xmas cards rather than my specials! Just matted and layered a small wooden embellishment onto a die cut scalloped circle, with was in turn matted and layered onto small squares of decorative paper &card stock. Hope you like them!






 

8 comments:

  1. WOW Debz you sure have made a head start on this year's Christmas cards. Happy New Year

    Hus
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew - 2 dozen done already!! What a great start!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, you have been busy, keep it up and you'll have them all done before the end of January. Lovely cards x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers......you've certainly managed to use up some old stash already, and it's only the 2nd day of the year! (think that's one resolution fulfilled)....These cards are great.....I LOVE making batch cards, and will be starting mine soon too. Christmas cards are so much nicer to make when there's no stress or time-limit xx Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on getting ahead for next year. I've made a good start on them as well. Anything to avoid the panic I had this year...even though I started on Boxing Day last year, lol.

    All gorgeous little cards.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet cards, I love them. (esp the blingy cards ;) )

    Hugs from Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB cards I do love the heart ones. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely selection. They are simple but beautiful, and the embelishments give dimension. I've been thinking of making a start on Christmas cards as well - A neighbour and a member of our chapel have already given me their old Christmas cards from 2012 so that I can recycle them into cards to sell for the Sunday School in autumn 2013, so I need to have a good look at what I've been given and make a start - even if I only cut off the backs and cut or die-cut the fronts, ready for constructing at a future date.

    ReplyDelete