Sunday 20 January 2013

Gift Box and Card - Tutorial


This year I am on a mission to use up some of my lovely 12 x12 card/paper stock instead of just stroking it! The two sheets I have chosen for these projects are from the Prima Rondelle Collection. I thought it might be fun to take some photos along the way so you can see how I made them ... and maybe have a go at making them yourself! So here goes: Select 2 sheets of coordinating 12x12 cardstock
Trim off the label strip (if necessary)
Fold the edges of the paper into the centre and crease use a bone folder
Using a score board, score at 5 inches and 7 inches
Bring the scored line out to the edge of your paper and make a fold (so that you end up with a triangle shape).
Do this on all four score lines
You should end up with your cardstock looking like this
Use strong tape or glue on the triangular shaped area and stick into place
yYu should now have your basic box shape
I used the largest Spellbinder Labels 29 to cut a shape from the 2nd peice of cardstock
I folded the die cut shape in half
I then glued it to one side of the box
I attached two magnets to the flap and the front of the box to act as a clasp
I then simply decorated the box with a coordinating bow, some pearl sprays and a touch of Stardust stickles on the flowers
From the remaining cardstock I made a simple card and decorated it in the same way as the box
.... and there you have it, a coordinating gift box and card
Happy crafting!

11 comments:

  1. Stunning! Gorgeous gift box & card, love the papers you have used, so pretty. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful duo - love the papers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project. Love the papers, and those lovely bows. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, gorgeous papers and lovely box and card.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous gift box and card and those papers are beautiful.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects and fab tutorial. Thanks for that.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects,love the papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab project, I love your ideas and the design of it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Tutorial and stunning projects hun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving your fabulous choice of papers for this project and TFS your wonderful tutorial. Beautiful all round! xx

    ReplyDelete