Saturday 19 November 2011

A Little Something Just For Me!

Having made lots of cards lately, I decided to take a bit of a break and make something else! It's very unusual for me to make an "Off the Page" project, but sometimes it can be really good to step a little outside your comfort zone!

I had recently purchased some stunning Kaiserkraft papers from Bee Crafty, so I chose a selection of papers from the Gypsy Sisters collection and came up with the idea of making a mini folding photo album/calendar - just for me!
               

First of all I cut 6 pieces of card measuring 9cm by 13cm. I then inked around the edges of the card using a Plum coloured Promarker. I made 8 hinges from card and glued them onto the relevant sections.

I then cut 12 pieces of patterned paper measuring 9cm by 13cm and distressed the edges with "Faded Jeans" Distress ink.The papers were then glued in place onto each section of the album.

I made some pockets and tags out of the paper off-cuts and decorated them with co-ordinating ribbons, pins, adhesive gems and lace. These were then glued to the various sections of the mini album. I added a few photo's of my lovely mum (sadly no longer with us) to the remaining sections and also added a 2012 calendar.

                         

                          


This album was so simple to make and is going to take pride of place on my craft desk from now on.
 


If you haven't tried Kaisercraft papers before, please believe me when I say the papers are simply stunning. The quality is excellent and the patterns and colour palettes they use are beautiful.

Bee Crafty has lots of the new papers by  Kaisercraft in stock at the moment (both on line and in the shop) I am definitely going to buy some more from them next week - whilst they are still available!

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a great project, love the whole thing, colors and papers are fabby xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet and cute folder!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great album! Lovely work!
    Congrats on winning blog of the week over at CBN!!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I am making several different styles of calendars for Christmas presents, but have not seen this style yet. It is gorgeous and you did such a wonderful job! tfs Tami
    Tambos Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Deborah, I am a new visitor to your blog and am now following.
    This album is just stunning - what a lovely creation to always have on your craft desk.
    Congratulations on Blog of the Week on CBN.
    If you would like to follow my blog it's http://signaturecardsbysheenagh.blogspot.com
    Thanks and can't wait to see more of your work.
    Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete