Monday, 28 February 2011
I'm not sure as yet if I will use this as a card embellishment as it is a little large (6 inches). I may make some more in different colours and use them to create a mobile - think they would look nice dangling free on different lengths of pretty co-ordinating ribbon. What do you think? Good luck in the challenge everyone.
Sunday, 27 February 2011
If you think all I have done this weekend is craft, then you would be correct! lol Having made my first easel card yesterday I thought I would experiment with a "twisted" easel card today. Am quite chuffed with the result. I used another of my new Wild Rose clear stamps which I coloured in with my Promarkers. (Think my colouring-in technique needs a bit of help so can feel another Bee Crafty tutorial coming on!) The image was matted onto some red and then white card stock and then placed onto some red/white dotty paper that had a large white flower already on it. I then used some Bee Crafty blooms to create a flower which I glued into the centre of the large white flower. I added a heart shaped red gem to the letter and a round red gem to the hair band for added interest. As ever finished off with white card candy and a sentiment.
Think I had better have a quick break from crafting now as I need to catch up on a few chores ... I wonder how fast I can flick a duster around! lol
Another fab stamped image from the new Wild Rose - For Men collection. I bought 6 new Wild Rose stamps on Friday (from Bee Crafty in Bidford) and have so far used 3. Am planning to use the other 3 today and will post pictures as I go along. I might even attempt a "twisted easel" card!
Saturday, 26 February 2011
Decided to do something a bit different with one of the new Wild Rose paper packs I purchased yesterday, and made a wall hanging for my craft room.
I started off by colouring the letters of my name with my Promarker pens and then added co-ordinating glitter glue to the letters. I then peeled 7 beer mats, and covered each one in a different paper out of the Butterfly Garden pack. The edges were then carefully painted with glitter glue to match the glitter on the letter to be used. The letters were matted onto white card stock, which had also been edged in coordinating glitter glue and these were attached using 3d foam. I then made some coordinating flower embellishments using my huge stash of Bee Crafty Blooms and attached them with a strong adhesive.
The mats were then linked together using a piece of lilac satin ribbon and hey presto - I had a really beautiful wall hanging.
The lighting/pictures really don't do these papers justice - they are stunning. Now off to make a card with the leftovers - waste not want not! lol
Friday, 25 February 2011
Today I have done three things for the very first time:
1) I had my very first craft tutorial with the wonderful Julie at Bee Crafty in Bidford where I learnt: how to correctly use stamps, what the various types of ink pad can do, how to mask off certain parts of your stamped image, and how to use embossing inks/powders. I would wholeheartedly recommend that all newbies attend a craft tutorial or two - you can learn so much and have great fun at the same time.
2) I came home and used my new found knowledge along with a fabulous new Wild Rose "For Men" clear stamp and created an image that I coloured in with my Promarker pens (colouring-in pens for grown ups!). Not having done much stamping or colouring in before, I am quite proud of the result.
3) I then used the image to make my very first easel card - these are so easy to do (once you know how!) I stamped a few extra fish and attached them to the image and card using 3d foam, which gave them a little more depth. The two border papers running across the card were colour tinted with my ink pads to match the colours on the backing paper. Then finally as always, I just had to use some card candy to finish it off.
All in all I've had a fabulous day.
Thursday, 24 February 2011
Having been inspired by picture of Julie's (of Bee Crafty) craft space, I decided to give my little craft room a thorough sort out and a lick of paint. I covered the originally dark blue desk space in white sticky back plastic and have been amazed by the difference it has made. I have also replaced a couple of the orginal black ash shelving with some longer pieces of wood to give me more storage space. The long term plan is to replace all the black ash shelving with longer white ones. Also found a nifty way of storing my ribbons - extendable net curtain pole and some shower curtain hooks. So now have all my essentails to hand and have created more room so I can add to my stash!
PS Third shelf up looks a little bare ... that's coz my ten boxes of embellishments, flowers, buttons, gems and card candy are in my bag ready for an evening craft crop!
Wednesday, 16 February 2011
A wavey card, with wavey ribbon, wavey glitter and a wavey sentiment made especially for the Bee Crafty Wavey Challenge 15 - apologies for not entering the last two Bee Crafty challenges but have been a little too busy re-arranging/organising my craft room to enter. It's amazing the things you find when you are having a tidy up ... honestly think I have enough stuff to open up my own craft shop! Please don't let me in the shop for at least two weeks! lol
Tuesday, 8 February 2011
Thursday, 3 February 2011
Was so excited to use some of my new Craftworkcards "Confetti" range of papers, embellishments and card candy. These truly are a stunning collection of foiled pearlescent papers. As usual everything purchase from Bee Crafty in Bidford - Run by Crafters for Crafters!