Tuesday 22 November 2011

Is It a Card?Is It a Gift? ... It's Both!

I have seen a lot of this type of card on the web and thought I'd have a bash at making one myself.  The first stage was to make the gift box for inside the card.

I cut a 15cm square of card and drew lines at 1.5cm, 2cm, 8cm, 2cm  as shown in the first picture


I then snipped out three small sections of card in each corner and also made a small tab by carefully cutting the card as shown below.


I used my Cuttlebug to cut a small aperture in the centre of the card. I chose a plain circle, but any shape can be used as long as it fits!


I then scored/folded the card along each drawn line and removed two tabs. I glued the two remaining tabs to the sides of the card to begin forming the box. 


I cut a small piece of acetate to fit inside the box and glued it in at each corner. I also trimmed a small piece of card from the corners of the open tab to form a lid.


I popped 4 scented tea lights inside the box and folded in the lid.


I then moved onto make the main body of the card. I used an A4 sheet of card and cut a strip 14 cm wide. I drew two lines at 13.7cm from each side of the card, which left a gap of 2.2cm in the centre of the card.


I then scored and folded the card along the drawn lines.


The gift box was then glued in place inside the card.


I made the card shown below from some A4 Kanban card stock I had in my stash. I would recommend decorating the inside of your card before you glue in the gift box as it makes life a little easier. While the example shown has tea lights as the gift, the options are endless - this box is the perfect size for things such as a distress ink, chocolates, hankies, silk scarf etc, but the size can easily be adapted to fit anything you like .



Am off to make some more,  now I know what I am doing! Till next time xx

7 comments:

  1. thank you very much for this i will have try at it lol love you card xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, lovely card Debbi, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial thank you Loving the card. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this and such a beautiful card.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I must have a go. Thanks for sharing.

    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, the only one I have made is the one where the teal ights go down the side. Will definitely have to try and have a go, thanks for the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab tutorial, thanks for sharing
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete