Monday 3 October 2011

Woodware Crafty Edger


Another thing that was demonstrated by Michelle Johnson at the Bee Crafty Demo Day on Saturday was this wonderful new gadget by Woodware, called the Crafty Edger.

The Crafty Edger allows you to punch border strips up to 12 inches in length with no more worrying about lining up your punches. This is because the punch elements fits into slots along the paper bar at 2 inch increments. Perfect borders in a matter of seconds!

The cost is £19.95 for the main punch, the paper holder/strip and one punch cassette (it comes with the one that looks like a picket fence that you can thread ribbon or paper through). The additional cassettes are £6.99.
There are a number of punch cassettes giving a wide variety of fancy borders. Some of them can be used together to give hybrid borders.



I purchased three extra cassettes on Saturday and just had to go back to Bee Crafty on Sunday to buy another two cassettes.  Woodware also do corner punches for the edger and I will also be purchasing those  as soon as I can get them! Have a feeling my other border punches will be redundant from now on!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I have this and the Ribbon one really comes in handy....do you know where I can buy the extra cassettes? Lovely blog Debs, I'm just starting out in this area too so feel free to follow :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My local craft shop sells them - Bee Crafty, there is a oicture on the right that will link you to their web-site. But if they haven't any in stock you can ask them to pre-order the ones you neeedn

    ReplyDelete