The theme of this weeks challenge was "Victorian". I really struggled with the theme at first, as I don't own any Victorian stamps or images. But having done a little research into the greetings cards from this era (OK ....I Googled - lol!) I noticed that a lot of the cards were floral and doily based. As I have both of these elements in plentiful supply, I came up with this 8 x8 card.
It really was so simple and satisfying to make. Going against all the rules, I glued the outer edge of the doily to pale blue bobble dots card stock then poked the wire flower stems through some of the holes in the centre of the doily. I added a peel off in each corner and pricked, matted and layered a decorative piece of card in the centre and added a sentiment.
Love this card so much I am going to make another one in a different colour and may even distress the doily with some distress inks! Watch this space!!