Sunday 16 October 2011

Kaisercraft December 25th Collection



I am having a lovely day today, playing with my new papers from Kaisercraft - the December 25th Collection. These papers are simply stunning, so much so it took ages for me to pluck up the courage to cut into them. (So glad i bought two of each of the sheets - one to use and one to stroke and look at! lol)

This is the first card of the day, just a simple scalloped 6 x 6 white card, that has had the edges distressed with "Bundled Sage" distress ink. I then cut a piece of Kaisercraft paper to fit the card and distressed the edges with the same ink  This piece of paper was also edges with a fine line of Stickles in "Holly".

Whilst the stickles was drying I punched out 3 holly leaves and distressed the edges again with the same distress ink as before and then used an embossing tool to mark some veins on the leaves (just visible on second photo!)

I cut a length of 1.5inch wide wired olive green ribbon and attached that to the paper. I then cut a think strip of matching paper, edges it in "Holly" Stickles and overlayed it on top of the ribbon. The holy leaves were put in place and three red cabochon adhesive gems added.

The final touches were a small olive green bow made out of ribbon and a red Merry Xmas sentiment.

Not a bad effort (if I say so myself) for someone who generally just likes to peel & stick! lol

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, is that inked edges I see before me!!!!!

    fabby card Debs. I particularly like the way you've tied in the red message with the berries

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ..they are inked edges on boh the card and the paper! How brave have I been! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Debz - and I really like the inked edges.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete