Sunday 2 February 2014

Marion Smith - Napkin Rings & Coasters

Hello All,

I am supposed to be sorting and tidying my craft stash, but I keep getting distracted by all the things I  keep finding. I came across about 40 empty TP tubes - all nicely folded flat ready for converting into mini albums, then I came across a bag of un-flattened ones - well I just had to make something didn't I... lol

I cut one of the TP tubes in half and then chose a beautiful sheet of Marion Smiths 12 x 12 paper - Roses R Red, from the Mad Tea Party collection. I cut a strip of paper approx half an inch wider than the width of the tube and glued it onto the outside of the roll. I then cut another strip of paper slightly smaller than the tube and glued that to the inside. I then found an off cut of cream lace and glued that around the centre of the tube for decoration and added a small cream ribbon bow.

I then came across some charity coasters (you know the ones that are sent through the post by the Red Cross). The pictures on them were not very inspiring so I cuta small square from the same paper, trimmed the corner with my corner rounder and glued them into place. I then used a couple of my Kaisercraft quote stamps and stamped in black Versafine ink on the reverse of the paper that I had left. I trimmed the quotes down and distressed the edges of the quotes and the coasters with Vintage photo distress ink. I then simply glued the quote onto the coaster. Such and easy project to do, but so satisfying.




4 comments: